a call to all night prayer on behalf of brethren and others suffering today under the same evil sword.
One hundred years ago the Ottoman Empire launched a systematic plan of genocide against the Armenians and other minorities within Turkey. At least 1.5 million Armenians perished in horrifying ways, hundreds of thousands dying in death marches from Turkey to Syria. Painful open wounds remain, generation after generation, as Turkey continues to deny these atrocities, employing political influence and futile media campaigns.
The demonic spirit of murder lives on however, as persecution continues to sweep across the Middle East – perhaps until every Believer in Christ and Islamic non-conformist is vanquished or ritualistically tortured and killed.
Every true believer feels anguish and anger. The call of God is unmistakable and undeniable. We must access the power of heaven through prayer – fighting demonic attacks with supernatural resources.
Ordinary prayer rarely breaks through such darkness. The enemy is disciplined and trained – inspired by and devoted as minions of hell. To unburden my heart for the brethren, I sought an all night prayer meeting to join with believers crying out to the Lord. I could not find one (which doesn’t mean there weren’t any). During my own prayer, I sensed the Lord’s leading – stop looking for one and be one yourself.
I INVITE ALL TO JOIN IN THIS NIGHT, FRIDAY, APRIL 24, AT ANY GIVEN POINT. LET US BE INSPIRED BY HEAVEN, DEVOTED TO OUR LORD – THE DELIVERER – UPHOLD THE BRETHREN AND CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS.
Keep the Word of God open and review the battles of the Old Testament, the tumultuous cries and triumphs of the Psalms and the victories in Christ through the New Testament as encouragement. The Book of Acts demonstrates the presence of God through persecution and suffering and His miraculous interventions through prayer.
I am prayerfully offering the following schedule to bring order to the night and alignment with the burden of Christ for His followers:
9pm to 10pm, (EST): Prepare to meet with the Lord. Find a “place of prayer” where we may quiet our spirit and separate from distraction. Into the battle bring the Word of God and if possible, a tablet, computer or materials available as resources. Sing the Psalms, access and sing worship to the Lord. Pray…
- for ourselves, the unpersecuted, whose battle is often complacency and unbelief.
- for a heart cleansing, make confession for anything within us that may be a stumbling block
- for the Lord’s leadership, that His burden will prevail in our heart, that we may join in His battle and share in His victory
- that the presence of the Lord will be with us and His Word a living inspiration for us as we pray
10pm to 11:30: Prayer for suffering Christians and others in fiery areas such as Syria, Iraq, Egypt and parts of Africa. In lieu of visual aids, search ‘persecuted syrian christians’ and others to put faces on our brothers and sisters. Review Christian news posts to pray for prevailing attacks and crisis. Pray…
- even in the very moment for their physical protection.
- for their provisions, that our Heavenly Father provide even more than they need to share with others. Pray that we may be the means thru which provision is made.
- for a supernatural outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon them…that they may be clothed with courage from God and a peace that surpasses all understanding.
- for supernatural strength to endure torture, that their faith may stand strong as a living testimony of our crucified Christ who overcame death and reigns for all eternity
- for personal visitation from the Lord, that they may supernaturally know His presence and understand “the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings”.
- for those in refugee camps. While in a ‘place of refuge’, many suffer traumatic loss of health, home and family. Depression, PTSD, ongoing grief and deprivation may plague these survivors
- for the families of those who have been abducted and/or martyred, that their faith may be strengthened and the presence of God overshadows their hardship and sorrow
- for the Christian leadership amongst the brethren, for the Holy Spirit to greatly indwell them and uphold them supernaturally…”that they may shine like stars” in the midst of depravity
Continue praying for those areas that may have fallen off the daily radar. Ask the Lord imprint our hearts with the regions within Africa and Asia. Engine search suffering believers in these areas and advocate for them.
For many under the sword, tonight may be their last night.
11:30pm to 12:30am: Pray for the young girls and women who have been abducted and sexually assaulted. Many, such as the victims of Boko Haram, have been forgotten by the world. Torn from family, Islamic terrorists make daily life a living nightmare of gang rapes, abuse, and forced marriage. Bought and sold as spoils of war, these young girls often attempt suicide to escape immeasurable anguish. Pray….
- for supernatural means of escape, that Almighty God will send warring angels to their side.
- for deep spiritual and physical healing; that whatever Scripture they know may well up in them for faith to endure
- for an inner spiritual life, through the Holy Spirit, to rise up and strengthen them with endurance from heaven, that their eyes may focus on eternity
- for their rapists and abusers, that God Himself would render them impotent, and utterly disable them and even, in defense of these girls, send an Angel of Death upon these hellish brutes
1:30-2:30am: Pray for these enemies, our enemies, God’s enemies, including ISIS, Boko Haram, and all affiliates. Pray…
- that they are overshadowed by the Holy Spirit, with great heaviness and oppression.
- for an inescapable and overwhelming shame to come upon them
- for deep grief to envelope them, that the Holy Spirit will hold up His mirror and reveal God’s view of all their dastardly deeds
- for God to take away their slumber, that they may be mentally and spiritually hounded, tormented, put to confusion
- that their eyes may be opened and they fall to their knees with godly sorrow and repentance AND
- that they may be saved, rising up as beacons and heralds for God, a powerful voice over all against the work of Satan
2:30-3:30am: Pray for the minorities who do not know the Lord. Many, including the Kurds, Yazidis, and Muslim sects, suffer the loss of lives, homes, entire villages. Pray….
- for their strength and provision. Pray that, as they may interface with true believers and see their living faith, they may be drawn to the truth of Christ. Pray for them to know the Lord, to receive forgiveness of sin and the promise of eternal life through Christ.
- that what the devil orchestrates for death and evil would be turned into glory for God. Pray that the power of God come forth through suffering and confound the enemy, leading more to everlasting life through the Gospel
3:30-4:30am: Governments, agencies, missionaries, aid workers…..pray for ourselves, all whom the Lord might use to intervene into this suffering. Pray…
- for media exposure and global outcry to stir the hearts of the complacent
- for the leadership of these groups and workers, that they may hear from God
- for the Body of Christ to arise and awaken, shake off worldly distractions and press on in the Lord
- for those already serving, that they may be encouraged and strengthened by the Holy Spirit.
- for supernatural doors to open, for God to be glorified as He moves through those who are surrendered to Him and His service.
- that we become those vessels, useful to God, to serve Him and His Body and bring honor to His name in this world.
4:30-5:00am: Praise and worship for what the Lord is doing, praising Him before He ‘parts the sea’, before we learn of – if we ever know – His answer to our cries. He is worthy and faithful.
I pray that, when we meet the Lord and our Brethren, we will rejoice as one body together forever.